Monday 28 August 2017

What Would Tilda Do?

I like to think I left you all on a cliffhanger last week. Where has she been? What will she have been doing? What excitements have the past week delivered? I can defo hear you thinking this. Or is that just, who are you and why are you eating all that cheese?

As I said last Monday, this week I was going on my holidays. Mostly this was because I wanted a break but it was also an opportunity to scout out locations for Tilda's next adventure. If you haven't read Carry the Beautiful yet, then firstly I am slack-jawed at your bizarre life choices, but secondly, I am going to avoid giving away any major spoilers. So. Any sequel can go in a wide variety of directions, but one thing is clear - Tilda has a specific personality. She likes routine and order. She has lived a life of quiet conformity, not outwardly questioning much but inwardly thinking a lot. Her next chapter (or collection of chapters) won't necessarily focus on her entirely, but she will still be about. And this week I decided where that 'about' will be. So folks, the past few days I have spent in...are you ready?...Aberystwyth!



Aberystwyth
Now, you might be thinking, but Aberystwyth is just a town. It is like Warrington or Stockport or Salford? There's nothing special that defines it. No? Ya reckon? Only a bloody massive bay running through the length of it! Honestly, Aberystwyth is the loveliest place. As someone who dreamt of being by a coastal view for an entire marriage, Tilda would so love being there.

My 'research' (and I use the term loosely) has mostly taken the form of wandering around and taking photos. I checked out a couple of specific locations I might name, and took notice of signs that gave me info about the place. (No booze on the prom, for example.) I also invented a new holiday game. Yeah, no mess! I categorised every activity or pastime in which I partook, between 'Something Tilda Would Do' and 'Something Tilda Would Not Do'. This provided me with MUCH FUN. So much so that I share my categorised activities below. You are SO welcome.



TILDA WOULD...
...TAKE A BOOK TO A COFFEE SHOP ON A FREE AFTERNOON.

TILDA WOULD NOT...
...TAKE A BOOK TO A BAR ON A FREE AFTERNOON AND DO SOME DAYTIME BOOZING.

TILDA WOULD...
...WALK ON THE WELSH COASTAL PATHWAY.


TILDA WOULD NOT...
...GET SIDETRACKED TAKING SELFIES AND IGNORE THE VIEW.

TILDA WOULD...
...TRAVEL ON A CLIFF RAILWAY.

TILDA WOULD NOT...
...REWARD HERSELF WITH A MOFO OF AN ICE CREAM WHEN SHE GOT TO THE TOP. FRIVOLOUS.

TILDA WOULD...
...EAT TAPAS WITH A GLASS OF WINE FOR HER EVENING MEAL - ONCE IN A WHILE, OR ON A SPECIAL OCCASION, ANYWAY.

TILDA WOULD NOT...
...EAT CHIPPY CHIPS FOR LUNCH, JUST BECAUSE. ARE YOU MAD?

TILDA WOULD...
...SIT AND WATCH THE SUN SET AS OFTEN AS SHE COULD.


TILDA WOULD NOT...
...FINISH WATCHING THE SUN SET AND THEN GO TO THE LATE NIGHT TESCO AND BUY A BAG OF HOBNOB NIBBLES TO EAT IN ONE GO ON THE WALK BACK.

So there we are. The few days away provided me with fresh air and sea breezes, plus the space to think about what can happen for Tilda and chums next. I also drank my body weight in alcohol so that was good. It's back to the normal routine now, without a sea view, mid-week wine, or a Hobnob Nibble in sight. Booo to all of that.

Have a lovely week, folks.



Aaaaand relaaaaaxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment